Monday, February 8, 2010

Anticipating the best painting I have ever done...

I am very excited because I am starting a series of 8 new paintings. I am always filled with anticipation that I just KNOW that each new painting is the best I have ever done. Unfortunately it never turns out that way... but it is probably for the best because you would probably never want to do a new painting, would you? And maybe the trying is the whole idea. So here we go, a painting a week for the next 6 weeks. They are not going to be my usual larger size canvases but I have learned something about painting smaller ... like in golf, the swing is the same, you just use smaller clubs. In painting, you just use smaller brushes -- a revelation! I'll let you know tomorrow how I progress today.

No comments:

Post a Comment